What is Sports Premium?
Sports Premium is an amount of money which the government has agreed to allocate to schools to increase the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, as well as increasing participation in PE and Sport. The amount of funding received is based upon the number of children of primary age the school has.
It can be used to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schools.
At Endsleigh Holy Child we run a range of clubs and activities for pupils across the school as well as enhance curriculum provision through additional sports coaching and resources.